Here are some simple tips to stay safe from scams and phishing
1 .Be cautious if the email:
- Doesn’t use your full name and has a generic greeting
- Has incorrect logos, design or looks strange
- Contains suspicious website links
- Includes attachments. A real email from PayPal will rarely include an attachment and never software.
2. Be wary of false urgency
Scams often create a false sense of urgency. If in doubt, log in to your PayPal account to check for urgent messages or notifications. Watch out for offers that seem too good to be true
3.Watch out for offers that seem too good to be true
Scammers may use false promises like money in exchange for a favor, lottery wins, or unsolicited job offers. Never provide personal, credit card or account information via email, text or phone.
4. Never provide personal, credit card or account information
via email, text or phone Always log in at PayPal.com to update any personal information, including your full name, credit and debit card numbers, bank account numbers, your driver’s license number, email, and password.